Sunday 16 November 2014

recent reads || november

Hullo!

So I've recently gotten back into books, (well not RECENTLY, maybe one year ago give or take). I kind of stopped reading just as I entered high school, but after realizing how much I was missing out on, I got back into it, which was one of the best decisions I have made.

The Maze Runner and Looking for Alaska.

Here's a little list I put together with all the recent books I've read.

My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult 
The book centers around a girl who was born as a saviour sister, and examines what it means to be a good parent, sister and a good person. My Sister's Keeper is a really great book that tackles real-life issues and I highly recommend it!

The Maze Runner (series) - James Dashner 
This is one of those dystopian books that teenage girls fangirl over, but to be honest, it is very interesting and thrilling to read. It has also been turned into a movie a month or so ago, so anyone who's interested in seeing the book come to life should go see it!

Sing You Home & Lone Wolf - Jodi Picoult 
Just like My Sister's Keeper, this book explores issues that happen in the world today. Both of these books are by Jodi Picoult (again) and are fabulous reads. As you can probably tell by now, Jodi Picoult is one of my favourite authors ever since I read My Sister's Keeper.

Looking for Alaska - John Green 
So I've read this book a while ago, but never got to finish it... so I guess I'm going to have to get back to it one day, but so far so good! If you're into TFIOS or anything like that, you'll probably like this book (it's by the same author anyway). P.S. I think this is getting turned into a movie sometime soon, so read it before it comes out!

Lovely handmade hummingbird bookmark I got from somewhere!

Sorry about the SUPER late post, my laptop had problems and I had to reimage it and re-download programs. (sigh) What books have you read recently that you've enjoyed very much?

Have a wonderful day!

~ Judy x 

No comments:

Post a Comment