Sunday 15 March 2015

cooking for those who can't: yogurt pancakes


I admit, I suck at cooking.

I think it's because I have a slight OCD when sticky things touch my hands, so if I cook, I find myself washing my hands every 2 minutes. I'm also terrified of things that could go wrong. Also I'm rather lazy, and hate cleaning up :P

Well, today I decided to give cooking a go, and I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of myself for the end result. This was probably the very first time I've cooked anything without anyone's help, and even though it didn't taste spectacular or anything, it was good fun :D

So if you're like me and cannot cook for the life of yourselves, I strongly encourage you to give it a go. Start with something super simple, like these pancakes!

I had some left over strawberry yogurt at the bottom of these container, so I simply cracked an egg into it, and mixed it up. This is a great solution if you're lazy like me, as at the end you won't have to clean the container, you can just chuck it away. For a healthier option, you can use Greek yogurt and chop some real fresh fruit pieces in, buuuut I didn't have any :P

It's more fun to use yogurt with real fruit pieces inside, as when you bite into your pancakes you can see and taste all the colourful little pieces.
Then, I poured half a cup of plain flower into the mixture, and a pinch of baking soda. I admit, I spent a LONG time looking for that pesky baking soda...


Mix this all up and pour it into a heated pan on a stove. Because I'm new to this cooking thing, I put my stove on the lowest temperature to avoid burning stuff. After realising I would be waiting for the next 10 years for it to cook, I eventually turned it a bit higher.

I used a spoon to flip them once they were golden brown, and after cooking both sides I was done!


I would probably serve this with honey and more fruits, but I had run out of those, so I just used a bit of Nutella and chopped up a banana.

Again, too lazy to clean a chopping board or a plate, so I just peeled a side of the banana and used the skin as a chopping board xD
And that's it! Super simple and a good healthy breakfast option, that's easy to make.

Let me know if you do actually try these (that would be pretty awesome), or what you like to eat for breakfast. :D

Stay fabulous! :P
Lena xx

No comments:

Post a Comment