Sunday 19 April 2015

how to spend the holidays (by yourself)

Greetings fellow viewers of the interwebs,

Anyway, this blog post was inspired from my current situation: staying at home by myself being bored out of my mind whilst having to practice piano daily for my upcoming exam (so stressed T_T). Yep, doesn't sound like a great holiday, so I've come up with a list of things to do when you're alone and bored at home.

1) Draw!
Whether its a huge artwork or a little doodle, drawing makes time go by quicker. I usually find inspiration from Pinterest, as there's so many different styles of art out there in a very convenient place (plus, you can pin and save them so you don't forget!). One of my favourite types of drawing are simple, quick watercolour sketches. You can literally paint a blob and turn it into the cutest little bird by drawing in a few features.


2) YouTube
Just don't get too carried away watching videos until you end up in the weird part of YouTube. (Yep, we've all been there.) Trust me there's actually a few videos that will blow your mind (aka "10 hours and 1 second of pure black screen"!?!?) Don't try and find it if you still want to be productive with your life (I'm joking, but still.)

No, I'm not kidding about the video.

3) Pinterest/Blogs
I spend hours on Pinterest, casually pinning random things that I'll probably never make but nonetheless admire. If I'm not doing the above but am still searching for inspiration, I go hunting for blogs. You can find a lot of inspiration for things (to do things instead of sitting there doing nothing for 24 hours.)

4) Read
Now I know that reading isn't a favourite for some people, but if you are fond of the practice then go read a book! If the book is well-written, you'll find yourself reading for hours and hours on end. (At least that's what I do, I'm sure I'm not alone on this.) If you want to find good books to read, Goodreads is probably your go-to place!

Le fleur on le book
5) Reorganise things!
You know, switch things up a bit. Maybe tidy your desk or reorganise your book collection.


Of course there is a lot more to do, but this is how I've been spending (*cough* wasting *cough*) my holidays. Hope you've found this post not utterly useless, and maybe even a tad bit entertaining. Feel free to follow me on Pinterest and Goodreads, and I'll see you later.

Cheerio,
~ Judy x

No comments:

Post a Comment