Sunday 14 June 2015

recent reads || may

Hello!


All The Bright Places - Jennifer Niven ★★★★★
It's been quite a journey with this book (urgh the feels.) I felt that the characters were well developed, and the story was well written except for the ending. The last few chapters of the book were quite rushed, and I felt that the ending did not quite resonate as it should have because of that. The book does touch on some sensitive topics, so be aware of that before you dive into reading it.

No Stars at the Circus - Mary Finn ★★★★☆
For those who have read The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, this book is similar in the way that a young boy tells the story through his perspective, but the storyline is very different. I must say that the cover is BEAUTIFUL - I may have judged it by the cover when I picked it up in the bookshop (don't worry, I read the blurb as well).

If You Could See Me Now Cecelia Ahern
This book was seemingly hard for me to read, mainly because of the style of writing and slow progression of the plot. To tell you the truth, I felt like I was reading a book written by child, but am reminded that it is a young adult book by the spontaneous curse words the author throws in ever so often. I have yet to finish the book (so my opinion probably will change) but so far, so-so.


Stay fantabulous!
~ Judy x

No comments:

Post a Comment